| Period 2
|| Period 3
|| Period 4
|| Period 5
|| Period 6
|| Period 8
- 2017-08-19: We are going to organize the information in these videos into our notebooks.
2017-09-18: Today we thought how a cell in the bone of your heel survives (class notes). And, we created two graphic organizers to help us understand those needs and the levels of organization in multi-cellular organisms. (levels of organization). Last, if time permitted we watched this video as a quick review and preview of future topics.
- 2017-09-15: Pond Water Lab (Video in Google Drive) or Pond Water Lab (Video on YouTube), record your observations in your notebook while you are in the lab. Take picture is possible. (If you finish early you may look at the pre-prepared slides as well.)
- 2017-09-14: Cell parts and Functions Kahoot, and edit your webpage. Make sure you have the content that is listed on my example website. If you finish early peer review other student webpages, review their observations to see if you had similar data, and/or help other with their site.
- 2017-09-13: Draw, label, and color a plant and animal cell.
Video 1 |
Video 2 |
Video 3 |
- 2017-09-11: Classification activity and website updates to include the word classification to your glossary and its definition. Also, add a new page to your website titled Plants and Powders. Take some time to really reflect on your observations and think deeply about what you saw in the microscope. Record your reflection on your webpage.
- 2017-09-08: Plant and Powder Lab: Make qualitative and quantitative observations of what you observe in the microscope today.
- 2017-09-07: Have your notebook ready to record interesting facts from the following video: Hurricanes
- 2017-09-06: Google Classroom Assignment: Data Analysis - Peer Review
- 2017-09-05: Watch this video and see how much work is involved in the scientific method. In, your notebook record the information we discussed in class about the scientific method. Peer review the observations that you made the first week of school. See more details.
- 2017-09-04: NO SHCOOL
Try to complete everything assigned up to this point. Check the board for the definitions of Peer Review and Science. If you finish early; grade more student websites, help others with questions, make observations for all 16 items in the blue trays.
Video one: How to save a copy of your Google Drawings. Video two: Watch this video, it will explain how to add and organize a microscope lab page to your website, add the microscope drawing and slide preparation information to your appendix, grade peer websites, and compile data to a shared spreadsheet.
Microscope Lab. While you are in the lab: Be very observant. How does the microscope work? Make qualitative and quantitative observations. Create testable questions. Write possible explanations. Think like a scientist. Question everything.
Microscope Kahoot Review Game. After the game, begin the Google Classroom Assignment, use Google Drawings to label a picture of the microscope. How to video.
Make this sketch in your notebook. Watch this video and use a science book pages 688 and 689. Last, add this to your notebook: How to prepare a slide
Update your website with this week's information, review the assignments below. Insert your battery (ounce) and paperclip (gram) drawing to your appendix or you may also use the following images from the Internet (AA battery, and Jumbo Paperclip). Last, here is another explanation of how to calculate and use conversion factors.
Update your website with this week's definitions, add two more key terms to your glossary: Peer Review, and Science, add the conversion factors to your appendix If you have extra time, Peer review other people's observations and/or add more observations to your webpage. Watch the video for more details.
Today we are engaging in the process of science by comparing our observations, looking for patterns, and defining the following key terms: Qualitative Observations, Quantitative Observations, and Conversion Factor
Contact, Glossary, Appendix
How to set up your website
Google Classroom Assignments. Homework: Do some Internet research about the 2017 eclipse. This does not need to be turned in.
Chrome cart/books introduction video and Today's Google AssignmentHomework:Open your digital drawing from home and show your family. Don't forget picture day tomorrow.
If you can, e-mail Mr. Ruiz at email@example.com say hello and tell me your name.
Describe your observations to another person to see if they can guess what your items are. Get that person's signature in your notebook.