| Period 2
|| Period 3
|| Period 4
|| Period 5
|| Period 6
|| Period 8
- 16 NOV 2018: OPTIONAL COMPUTER SURVEY | Make sure all Google Classroom assignments are completed and turned in. Begin with tests then incomplete assignments. If you finish early, go to Discovery Education and login with the following convention: Students Username: Google email address | Students Temporary Password: 18welcome
- 15 NOV 2018: Make sure all Google Classroom assignments are completed and turned in. Begin with tests then incomplete assignments. If you finish early, go to Discovery Education and login with the following convention: Students Username: Google email address | Students Temporary Password: 18welcome
- 14 NOV 2018: Chapter 5 Test in Google Classroom. There are two parts to this test (11 questions each part) you have today's and tomorrow's classtime to work on the test parts 1 and 2. If you finish early, work on and turn-in the reading and writing review questions in Google Classroom as well. If you are not happy with your test scores, schedule a retake with Mr. Ruiz during lunch.
- 13 NOV 2018: Chapter 5 Video Review: Part One, Part Two, Part Three
- 12 NOV 2018: NO SCHOOL
- 12 OCT 2018: Covalent Bonding Multimedia | worksheet | Chapter 4
- 11 OCT 2018: Today you need to complete the unit test in Google Classroom. After the test, make sure you have graded three other student's websites, made corrections to your website, submit the "Chapter 1-3 Review" Google Classroom assignment, and make sure you are not missing any other assignments. Tomorrow is the end of the quarter. Once you are all caught up, add to your website videos and images about chemical bonding by following the steps in this video. Ionic Bonding Game.
- 10 OCT 2018: Enrichment Period: Build an atom, Egg Drop Simulator Regular Class: Atomic Structure Video and Periodic Table and short quiz.
- 09 OCT 2018: Review Chapters 1-3: Chapters 1-3 Review Assignment.
Reading: Chapter 1,
Chapter 2, and
Videos: Chapter 1 Heating and Cooling and Chapter 1 Solids Liquids and Gases, Chapter 2 Evaporation and Condensation, Chapter 3 Density
- 08 OCT 2018: Class notes. Electron shell worksheet. Chapter 4 Preview
- 05 OCT 2018: Begin Reviewing Chapter 1,
Chapter 2, and
Chapter 3. Today we did one or more of the following activities: CH. 1-3 review Kahoot, Chapter test make-ups, website updates, peer website grading (google classroom assignment), return graded papers, and/or draw and color a chapter 1-3 science concept.
- 04 OCT 2018: Outrageous Acts of Science
- 03 OCT 2018: Enrichment: Force = mass X acceleration | Motion
Meet The Atom 12:18 |
Introduction to the Periodic Table 14:14 |
Atomic Structure meets the Periodic Table 8:18 |
Printable Periodic Table |
- 02 OCT 2018: Protons, Neutrons, and Electrons
- 01 OCT 2018: Chapter 3 Test, Density and Peer Grading Student Websites.
- 14 SEP 2018: Chapter 2 Test. You may use your written notes from class and you may use a new online techbook: Simply click, Sign-in and type the username, "ruizperiod_" ( _ = 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, or 8) and the password is "turlock". After the test, work on the google classroom assignment, "Hyperlink to your website". Next, go back and make sure you are not missing any assignments from 31 AUG 2018. Last, try these: Game 1, Game 2, Game 3.
- 13 SEP 2018: Check what you know and research what you don't know. Chapter Study Guide.
Chapter 2 - Student Reading Hint, highlight the text to see the answers to the study guide questions.
- 12 SEP 2018: After a demonstration and an experiment, answer questions 1-4. Changing State - Melting
- 11 SEP 2018: First, we went to the lab to observe a phenomena. Second, we came back to class to view a short video and two molecular animations. Third we answered the following questions: 3, 1, 4, 5, and 7. Changes of State - Freezing.
- 10 SEP 2018: Review the experimental results from the lab last Friday. Prove your hypothesis in class.
- 07 SEP 2018: Given two glass cups, two plastic cups, hot water, ice, room temperature water, a thermometer, and the definition of condensation (when a liquid becomes a gas). Design an experiment that address the following questions: (1.) Does temperature affect the rate of condensation? Prove it! (2.) What evidence do you have to support your conclusion? (3.) How did you conduct your experiment? (4.) Is there enough information on your paper for someone to check your work (redo your experiment)? (5.) To explain your conclusion draw a model at the molecular level.
- 06 SEP 2018: How to update your website, add your email address to the home page, update your glossary, publish your site using your first and last name like this "first-last". Open classroom and add your URL to the class list.
- 05 SEP 2018: Changing State-Evaporation This assignment is graded: Questions 1-4 need to be answered with a complete sentence.
- 04 SEP 2018: Heat, Temperature, and Conduction
- 31 AUG 2018:
- FIRST, You may user your notes to take the Chapter 1 Test in Google Classroom.
- SECOND, make sure you also turned in the Google Classroom assignment, "Science Information". 15 AUG 2018
- THIRD, make sure your web-page looks like this, https://sites.google.com/turlockusd.org/ruiz2018/home. If you need help, watch my videos from 20 and 22 AUG 2018.
- LAST, if you have not yet used the animation software, give it a try.
- 30 AUG 2018: You may have a chapter test as soon as tomorrow. Use the following to study and check your level of understanding.
- 29 AUG 2018: Air, It's Really There
- 28 AUG 2018: Moving Molecules in a Solid, Thermal Expansion and Engineering
- 27 AUG 2018: Measurement Lab, and worksheet
- 17 AUG 2018: Continue making and recording quantitative observations of the shapes. Find a fellow scientist and try to prove him/her wrong.
- 16 AUG 2018: Observation Lab: Choose a shape, record the shape's number on your paper. Record your observations of that shape on your paper. Include each side length, each angle measure, and it's mass in grams. (VIDEO: How to use the measuring tools.)
- 15 AUG 2018: Go to Google Classroom, click the "Science Information" assignment, and type what you wrote yesterday into the document. When you are done turn-in the electronic assignment and turn-in the paper copy in the back of the classroom.
- 14 AUG 2018: Participate and take notes as we discuss the following topics: Science Introduction
- 13 AUG 2018: Information Card (On the front: The name that you want me to call you, On the back: Your full name and some infrmation about you.)